June 27, 2011

Start up for Selenium Grid


Selenium Grid:
My first step for running grid
i)                     installed the java JDK process:1.6.0_24 version
ii)                   After JDK installation select command prompt and enter the command of  java –version
This will be displayed as

iii)                 And I struck in installation process of ANT  
ANT Installation:
a)First I download the ANT version 1.8.2
b)And copied it in path: C:/Program files
c) Select Command prompt and enter ant –version
I got an issue in tools.jar while running it [Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it in C:\Programfiles\java\bin\tools.jar
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.8.2 compiled on December 20 2010]
Reason: This error is caused because system properties path is not defined properly.
c) Then I tried many times got the same issue in command prompt.
d) After a long time I got the Executable file for ANT installation
I get the executable file for ANT installation with the help of this link http://code.google.com/p/winant/
e) Next I select “Control Panel” and “System” icon, and select “Advanced” tab.

Select “Environment Variables” which displays like the below window.


Here I had another issue while setting path:

Please confirm or add these stuffs under “Environment Variables”

Under System Variables:
Variable name: ANT_HOME
Variable Value: C:\apache-ant-1.8.2(Exact path of the ant builder)
Under User Variables: This is for Java JDK process
Variable Name: JAVA_HOME
Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24
For ANT installation:
Variable Name: ANT_HOME
Variable value: C:\Program Files\WinAnt


Next select new command prompt:
a)Got the selenium grid path
b)enter “ant sanity-check”

Build successful is displayed.
Now the selenium grid is installed successfully.

These are link which helps for me to run:

After successful run of ant builder, going to start testing a sample application which I got from a website

No comments:

Post a Comment