April 1, 2011

My first T-Shirt Design

I started my career with Railsfactory, chennai, India. For some reason in my company they planned to have a design competition. Lot of ideas were came out from all the people.

Any function or any anniversary celebrations mostly people will used to order the Tshirts and give to all employees.

May be it is also for branding of the company.

So at last they came up with an idea to get the Tshirt design from the employees and thought of using this designs...

Competition begins...
My lead suggested me to do something, He said "don't simple waste/more effort of your time. only with the application. do something different. participate in all other activities. I know you are good testing skill person but participate in other activities and prove yourself."

So I participated in the competition. Whether I am getting prizes or not, it is not the expected one. He asked me to participate.

For the Thsirt design they given a week period of time.

I have no idea what to do and where to do.

I dont know photoshop too. I am in a blank paper.

I know only ms paint.

I saw people participated in Tshirt design with more and more ideas.

What are their ideas?
> some creative designs.
> decoration in Tshirts.
> Company branding related Tshirt.
> Ruby logo related Tshirt.

I was blind up to the end...

As time rushes, I taken a black pline tshirt and searched in google for different images.

Atlast I noticed the four people were standing together.

Then I used mspaint an copied and pasted the 4 people standing image in the middle of the Tshirt.

Then I planned to relate this with my company.
So I written a text (Railsfactory) under the 4 people and centered it.

and shared to the Reviewer team.....

After a week, I was surprised with a coffee mug gift from my company.
I am winner for the Tshirt design competition.

What I understand with this. Participate with all

Whether you are winning or not, you can find lots of innovative  ideas with in your self.

Here I would like to thanks my lead for guiding me to participate in this competition.


You could see my Tshirt designed image in this blog post.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment